Athletic therapy involves the assessment, prevention, immediate care, and reconditioning of musculoskeletal injuries. There is also a strong focus on prevention through such things as musculoskeletal and posture evaluation, equipment selection, fitting and repair, warm-up and conditioning programs, prophylactic or supportive taping, and adapting to the activity environment and facilities.
Athletic Therapy Services
On Field Immediate Care/ Event Coverage
- basic emergency life support
- recognition and management of acute traumatic neurological dysfunction
- provision of first aid
- preparation for entrance into appropriate health care delivery systems
- utilization of techniques facilitating a safe return to participation.
- prophylactic or supportive taping and bracing
Athlete/Team Conditioning Programs
- development of training programs designed to improve athletic performance
- plan and implement or supervise injury-prevention programs
- equipment selection and fitting
- injury rehabilitation programs tailored to meet the needs of individual athletes